Monday, October 1, 2007

Some fun

Ok - no posts since August. Yeah, things are going that well. Work seems to be sapping the life out of me.

So - as far as fun updates from Iain....

Tuesday night hockey (The Rusty Blades) has started and we are all floating around having fun. One chap was caught backchecking, at least that's what we believe the term is - he was sternly reprimanded...well maybe mocked ad nauseum in the dressing room is a better way to phrase it.

It's always a good skate - even though I was playing nets last week and was helping the lads pad their stats.

Thursday night hockey is on, as well. Gentlemen's league. A little more competetive - at least the off season conditioning helped a bit. Still a good time - I leave the Industrial Hockey to the the twentysomethings who are still trying to make the NHL.

I have tweaked my PC a bit - finding a new graphics card and a new power supply. Well, new to me. Purchased via ebay - they are running well. Can't really tweak it any further, but I do enjoy tinkering with PCs. Though I don't think I could do it for a living. Our IT Department (one guy) is a now a self-confessed ludite who has nothing to do with computers outside of work.

So, coming up for the winter: APICs night school, cedar strip canoe project and music lessons on the guitar if I can find the time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy and active!

Brent Buckner said...

Ah. A "work to live" don't "live to work" post.

David Rotor said...

Just found this by way of a post by Deb on my site. Cedar strip canoe project sounds interesting ...