Thursday, May 24, 2007

Working Outside

Well - the heat has come and I'm starting to get the itch to do some work around the house. When the weather is co-operating, I love to get my tools out and get into some carpentry or some kind of home improvement project. If the weather can hold this weekend, I can start getting a third coat of paint on the porch or get the backyard garden into shape.

There is something about working outside that I prefer. Maybe it's just the fact that there is a lot of room or it could be the fresh air or myabe it's just the added sense of freedom. My workshop downstairs doesn't get a whole lot of use and I think its because of the lack of natural light. I know there is a lot of stuff I could be doing during the winter (well, at least more than I usually do).

I have a vision of a "perfect workshop" that would be about the size of a large double garage with large doors (ie garage door size) on two walls that would be able to open up to give more free workspace. It would probably be a little on the expensive side to make, but maybe I can put that on potential retirement projects.

Anyways, this year it will be a matter of esthetics on the house - no major construction. The cottage, however, will be another story. Somehow, there is always something that crops up - not that I mind that much once i get started on it.

No comments: